This Web site, “The Radical Agilist,” is found at “https://www.radicalagilist.com.” It is the personal career site of Jim Morgan, Durham, North Carolina, USA.
The Short Version
- The only information I get that identifies you personally is what you provide if you use the Contact Form. I retain that for future communications.
- I do not share any personally identifiable information like IP addresses.
- I prioritize high-privacy third-party providers. They may collect and retain other information, so check their privacy policies (linked from “Providers” below) if you have concerns.
- I are happy to send you the little bit of data I have on you, if any, and to delete it.
What Personal Data I Collect and Why
I collect the data shown in the contact form. To help me block spam, my service checks the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string, but I do not retain that information.
This website places no cookies on your computer, though some of my third-party vendors may (see below). If you use the contact form you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and other information in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you make another contact. You can delete them from your browser anytime.
If you subscribe to the Blog, your e-mail address will be retained. Whether you open the link in each announcement e-mail is aggregated by the MailPoet service into anonymous data and not passed to me.
How I Use Your Information
Automated Decision-making and Profiling with User Data
None. Aggregated, anonymous data (only) are used to make manual decisions about page content, security, marketing, etc.
Who I Share Your Data With
No one, unless a court requires me to. I does not sell or share personally identifiable data.
Where I Send Your Data
Visitor contacts may be checked through automated spam or robot detection services.
I place a high priority on privacy protection when selecting our service providers, though they in turn may use vendors that collect personalized data. Please see my providers’ privacy policies for more information:
- Heator (social media share buttons)
- Koko Analytics (see relevant questions at the bottom of the linked page)
- MailPoet (blog e-mail announcements)
How Long I Retain Your Data
If you contact me, the generated e-mail and related metadata (see above) are retained indefinitely. This is for legal purposes and to maintain continuity of communication if you contact me again in the future.
What Rights You Have Over Your Data
You can request an exported file of the personal data I hold about you through the Contact form, including any data you have provided to me. You can also request that I erase any personal data I hold about you. I will do so immediately, confirm by e-mail, and then delete your e-mail address. This does not include any data I am obliged to keep for legal or security purposes.
How I Protect Your Data
I rely on the security built into WordPress, my website platform, and provided by Cloudflare, through which the site is proxied.
My Data Breach Procedures
Within one hour of learning my contact e-mail addresses have been hacked or third-party user accounts have been breached, I will:
- Request any affected provider to force password changes on all related accounts.
- Notify users which data have been compromised.
- Begin an investigation with my security providers (see previous section) to determine if I did anything that allowed the breach.
When the Step 3 investigation is complete, I will:
- Take all steps recommended by my security providers to prevent a recurrence.
- Report the results to all users.